Monday, January 25, 2010

Pricelessish

Having to do most of your Tuesday lecture on Monday morning: likely to be typical.

Being a little nervous about getting the first class right to set the semester off: not surprising.

Having the car not start on Monday morning: my life.

I guess I should be glad that it's not tomorrow before class, but seriously. I just blew more than half my day waiting for a tow truck and going to the dealer only to have them tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. Why don't we start with the fact that the engine sounds like I filled it with buck shot instead of gas once we finally did get it to start. The car is less than a year and a half old and never given us any hint of a problem. This morning it's dead in the driveway?

Now I have to finish my lecture, make sure the syllabus is coherent and probably find some time to visit the room I am teaching in, which is clear across campus, all in less than half the time I had planned. Shit just never gets boring around here. Why do I feel like we're in for some projectile vomiting tomorrow morning as we're dropping the Wee One off? Nothing like teaching the first class covered in vomit.

5 comments:

  1. Cars - grr!! I took my car in and had $2000 worth of repairs. The next morning I was going to drive it to the airport, and it didn't start. You should have heard the obscenities coming out of my mouth.

    Fingers crossed that your day will go more smoothly tomorrow.

    Word verification: carboar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what car do you have? my new jetta did that back in 2005. now i have an outback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the car! And NO VOMIT! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words to live by... take an extra clean shirt with you tomorrow. If it isn't baby vomit, it will be a coffee stain down the front. Murphy is a bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes!

    Definitely an extra shirt. And a backup copy of your lecture...

    ReplyDelete