It’s looking like we should get the highly anticipated “cleared to close” green light today or tomorrow. Ignoring the potential of jumping the gun here, I thought I would acquiesce to people’s interest in the Top 11 list we submitted with our offer. I’m not sure how interesting it’ll be for people unfamiliar with the house (um, all of you), but it might provide some ideas for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation. The sellers obviously liked enough to take our offer over three others (there were other factors, of course, but all offers were around asking price) and we have heard from our agent that they were hoping to leave a Top Ten list of their own in the house for us. I did end up having to cut two points out, because they were a bit too specific for this venue, so here are 9 of the Top 11.
10. While we waited for your agent to arrive, we planned out just the right spot for a slip ‘n slide in the backyard.
9. We like beams. We really like beams.
8. We were talking about a couple of other houses before we saw yours, and the plan was to put in bamboo floors. Um, done.
7. We spend a lot of time cooking. Seven burners might just be enough to satiate us. (Our new kitchen has both electric and gas ranges)
6. We love the fact that you gave the biggest bedroom in the house to one of your daughters. We won’t change a thing when our monkey rules the house.
5. We have two cats and they will already have access to the basement and their “shietza huts”. (There is a cat door to the basement)
4. We support your war on carpets, and appreciate hardwoods.
3. We had already planned to add a dogwood to our yard, but with everything you have growing, there is not much we would have to do but maintain the beautiful gardens you worked so hard to build.
1. We knew, driving up to your home, that we could spend our next decade there and hopefully add to our family during that time. We’re tired of renting and ready for a home.
We will love and respect your home, just as it is evident that you did.
the PLS family
2 hours ago