Monday, October 26, 2009

Wait, I have an idea!

I'm going to create a phone that has all the bells and whistles. It's going to look all high-tech with it's digital display and even require an ethernet port instead of a phone line. It'll will have all the features that anyone might need, except one. Even though I'm going to put a speaker on it for speaker phone, I'm not going to add a microphone. I mean, why would people actually want to talk during a conversation in which they are using speaker phone? Isn't it way more convenient to have to turn the speaker phone off and use the headset every time one wants to communicate with the person on the other end of the line? Surely, if you are using speaker phone, it's not because you have a couple people in your office who would like to participate in the conversation, it's just to listen in on a monolog being delivered by someone far away. And what better way to get close to your colleagues than a game of "Pass the Headset, Tell Me When To Hit The Button"?

Wait, what? Cisco already made that phone? Oh right, it's the one on my desk. I knew I got that fucking brilliant idea from somewhere.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! Time to petition for a new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send your phone to me. I'll return it festooned with more more powerful LEDs, a subwoofer ringer, and piezo patches that you can use as both a microphone and to let the person on the other end of the line listen to your peristalsis! For cookies, I could even be convinced to include a laser paper cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least your phone has a speaker on it - I'm still waiting for the new one I was promised when I started almost year ago. I think I'm just going to bedazzle my phone to make it look more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toaster, the phone is in the mail. And if PiT tries to bribe you to send it to her once you're done, I'll match her cookie offer and throw in a danish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I thought you were talking about the CINCO phone!!!

    http://www.geeksugar.com/2708926

    ReplyDelete