Thursday, April 1, 2010

Tough decisions

Well, I think it's time to make the official announcement on the blog.

After all of the discussions how good postdoc life is and how teaching is sucking the life out of me I have decided to bail on this job and take a postdoc position in another country that I've always wanted to live in. My department and Dean are understandably upset and it took some time to make sure that all of my trainees can find PIs to work with so that they can finish their degrees, but sometimes you just have to do what's right for yourself.

I don't know where this will lead or how many postdoc positions I can string together over the next few years, but it'll be an interesting ride. I'll let you know how it goes...

10 comments:

  1. cue disgruntled postdoc outrage in 3...2...1...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMFAO, by the state of some folks I know you have a good 10+ years of steady, albeit underpaid, employment ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously april fools.

    but not very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you and PiT are very happy. Also, congrats on your offer from "some lies". happy april!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry but PiT was way more convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are asking for another batty bat.
    jc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Ms. PhD. If my life's work were to humor you, surely I would die unsatisfied.

    Thanks to Tideliar for additional options and to everyone for their support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - that's pretty bold. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gnuma, do you really expect me to be accountable for you falling behind on your blog reading?

    ReplyDelete