Friday, November 6, 2009

Time Out

After a 12.5 hour conference day yesterday, I'm ducking out early today. I'm pretty sure if I stayed for this whole thing I would be fried anyway, but I have a better obligation. I'm meeting my wife and we're going to spend the weekend together with no Wee One and no work. I sure as hell don't have time to take a weekend off, but that matters little right now. Starting at noon today and going through to Sunday, I'm not going to be thinking about work. At all. Sorry deadlines, sorry editors, sorry giant unread thesis, but you don't make the cut this weekend. See you on Monday.

8 comments:

  1. How awesome to have a chance to spend time with the wife, sans kid! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!!! Me and my husband are all about this kind of thing, too--if you don't keep yourself mentally healthy and take pleasure in your relationship sometimes, the risks of this job start to outweigh its benefits. Hope you two have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get recharged so you can tackle tjose other things with verve when you return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bust out the smelly pants and disco ball! jc

    ReplyDelete