Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Build-up

In about 3.5 hours I have something finishing up that is either going to make things a lot smoother or a lot harder in the next couple of weeks. If it looks like the procedure worked, I have a decent shot at getting some important data together for the second of my grants going in for the January deadline. If not, it is going to be very difficult to get everything done before then. What is equally exciting is that these data would go a long way towards understanding a really interesting system. If my colleague and I are correct and the data backs us up, we'll not only be putting this grant together but writing up a Brevia piece for Science. If the procedure doesn't work, then I have to start from scratch with new material that won't get here for another week or so. Considering how much trouble the sample gave me in the early stages, I am not assuming this will work, but it would make things a lot easier if it did. However, if experience has taught me anything, it's that nothing works at a critical time, only when there is a lack of looming deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment